Discoid lupus erythematosus

動物種 Dog
年齢 09
品種 German Shepherd
性別 Male

Hello my dear collegues, i would like to share a case i had these recents days. My patient called Zeus, came to the clinic the day 02/29/2020 because it had a prostitis, we treated with surgical treatment (neuter), antibiotic, etc and he got well, but that time we noticed some skin injuries around the foreskin and the scrotum`s skin. when it came to the control he was much better but the skin injuries were still there, so we did take a sample for citology and didnt notice more than bacterium and inflammatory infiltrate, so we add Prednisonlone to the treatment and it did respond good. The day 09/26/20 he came to the clinic because the old injuries appeared again, but now it had new ones in its nose, and lips, very crusty lesions, ulcerated, and bloody ones. We decided to take punch biopsy to send to the histopathology lab, we also took blood samples to do a general lab test. The blood test didnt show anything important, but the histopathology gave us the diagnostic of Discoid lupus erythematosus We did ANA ( Antinuclear antibodies) test too just to be sure there is not progress to Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. wich result was Negative. So we start an oral treatment with prednisonlone 1mg/kg BID for 4 weeks, then 2mg/Kg each 48 hours for 4 weeks, fatty acids Omega 3, vit E, restrict sun exposure, and use sunscreen in the skin of the nose. Zeus came to control after the first 4 weeks and it showed a very good respond to the treatment, so we are still working on it! i let some images around here before and after the treatment and images of the exams but in spanish =). Excuse me for my bad english but i did the best i could, and thanks for your time! and would like to read your experiences about this immune mediated disease.

/img/thumb_survey.png
最新の投稿 1176 days ago